Careers Extra Employer Charter
Careers Extra is about preparing our students for a future beyond the classroom. It provides a framework that drives collaboration between New College Swindon and our employer partners, as we strive to develop a sustainable pipeline of local talent, who have the skills employers need now and in the future.
Aims of this charter
This Charter sets out our commitment to employers and businesses that work with us as part of the Careers Extra programme. It is intended to outline clearly the standards and levels of service employers should expect from the College, and our expectations of an employer.
Working with New College Swindon will give you
- The opportunity to play a central role in the development of future talent by ensuring an accessible and effective route to engagement
- Access to employer-focused networking events and industry forums hosted at the Swindon & Wiltshire Institute of Technology and New College Swindon
- Opportunities to take part in co-creation workshops focused on curriculum development to ensure our courses are meeting your skills needs and any new requirements
- Guest speaker opportunities for you to come in and talk to students about your business
- Access to our apprentice talent pool to help upskill your workforce with the best candidates supported by an industry-leading recruitment team
- A channel to support the achievement of your corporate social responsibility goals by working with a local college, supporting students on work placements and shaping the curriculum
- Engage with students through visits, events and joint marketing
- Access through the college to national skills initiatives and consultations to ensure your voice is heard
- The support of our Business Development team offering expertise on all areas including apprenticeships, T Levels, higher level training, work experience and other funding, ensuring your business can effectively navigate the funding and skills landscape
- Dedicated account management with a single main point of contact, ensuring a genuinely customer-focused approach
- The opportunity to include your company logo in our prospectus and other Careers Extra collateral to demonstrate your commitment to developing a diverse and talented workforce
- Corporate sponsorship opportunities with us, for example, branded kit and clothing for team sports or competitive events to demonstrate your commitment to supporting your skills partners
- Reduced rates for meeting room hire at the Swindon & Wiltshire Institute of Technology and New College Swindon, as well as access to state-of-the-art facilities for bespoke training and media suite hire.
What we need from you
- Endorsement of our courses, certifying that they meet your skills needs, and advising where changes are needed or the skills of the future we should include
- Permission to use your company logo in our prospectus and on our website to demonstrate your commitment to developing a diverse and talented workforce, ensuring our learners are not only sector ready, but also job ready
- Engagement in New College Swindon events such as Careers Extra Forums, Freshers’ Fairs, Apprentifest and much more, where you can meet students and talk to them about the opportunities that your organisation can offer them
- Support for our learners to gain real-world experience and skills by collaborating with the College on work placements, mock interviews, CV workshops, visits, talks, masterclasses etc.
- Help to inspire our learners by sharing success stories of New College Swindon alumni who have progressed within your company
- A commitment to engaging with the college in discussions concerning your skills needs for the future to allow us to develop the right provision
- A commitment to engaging with wider stakeholders such as regional Chambers of Commerce networks, local government groups and trade associations to ensure that the delivery of our curriculum is based on employer need and best practice.