Want to work for a dynamic and successful college?
We are recruiting! Come and join our great team of academic and support staff and be part of a friendly, inclusive learning environment for learners of all ages and abilities from across Swindon and Wiltshire.
We provide ongoing support, training and development opportunities to make our college an exciting and rewarding place to work.
We know that your role is demanding and requires a lot of your time and effort. Because of this, we believe you should be rewarded. As a valued member of our team, you are entitled to a wide range of benefits, as well as a diverse range of development opportunities.
Some of our great benefits and policies are listed below.
Membership of the Teachers or Local Government Pension Scheme
Members of teaching staff are eligible to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme to which the College contributes 23.68% of salary while all other staff can join the Local Government Pension Scheme to which the College contributes 21.7% of salary.
Generous Holiday Entitlement
- Teaching staff receive 11 weeks annual leave
- Management have an annual leave entitlement of 35 days
- Minimum of 25 days annual leave, rising to 30 days after 5 years for Business Support staff
- Plus all recognised Public Holidays
- Also an additional 5 College Efficiency days over the Christmas break without using your annual holiday entitlement. The actual days are identified annually in the College calendar.
There is an extensive range of benefits including:
- A staff portal offering discounted shopping, life skills and financial advice
- Discounted treatments in the College hair and beauty salons
- Access to the College restaurants
- Subsidised gym membership at both campuses
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Support with eye sight test costs with Optical Care Vouchers available from the HR Department
- A generous sickness pay entitlement in addition to Statutory Sick Pay
- Access to the Togetherall portal which provides a range of information, courses and support concerning mental wellbeing in a safe and confidential environment
Family friendly and wellbeing support
New College Swindon offers a range of family friendly policies including:
- Maternity, Paternity, Adoption and Shared Parental Leave
- Flexible and agile working
- Menopause policy
- Access to confidential advice and support in a range of services through our Employee Assistance Programme
Long Service Awards
Staff are rewarded for their loyalty and commitment by receiving Long Service awards after 10, 15, 20 and 25 years.
Continuing Professional Development
New College Swindon is committed to supporting the continuous professional development of all staff, and encourages personal and professional career growth. Following a series of mandatory training modules undertaken by all staff, there is a range of developmental opportunities as follows:
- Individual continuous professional development – every member of staff is encouraged to identify personal development goals and our Training and Development funding can support a range of internal and external courses
- Management and leadership development as appropriate
- Opportunities to develop your career through agreed support
- Potential to be involved in cross-college projects and initiatives
- Wednesday morning sessions either in team/departmental groups or full cross-college activities
- Each year there are four days set aside for staff development events for all staff
- For teaching staff there is a dedicated team of Teaching and Learning Coaches to support identified developmental needs
New Starters Induction programme
- All new starters attend an induction event to help them understand the college procedures and processes, being introduced to central information on payroll, IT, Health & Safety and college policies
- This is supported by line managers taking individuals through a bespoke induction, getting to know their department, their fellow team colleagues and their role responsibilities
- The Teaching and Learning Coaches will assist in identifying training needs for all new teachers and putting support in place.
So, if you are looking for exciting career opportunities and to work in an expanding, dynamic and successful College that values their staff, New College Swindon could be a good fit for you.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
New College Swindon is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. If successful for this position, you will be expected to apply for a disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service before appointment is confirmed. References will be sought on shortlisted candidates before interview and by agreement.
As an inclusive employer awarded with Disability Confident Status, we are committed to being a welcoming employer for everyone.
To provide quality education, training and services which:
- Meet our customers' needs.
- Encourage individuals to realise their full potential.
- Support lifelong learning.
- Help young people, the community and business to prosper.
- Put customers first and provides services in ways which are flexible, responsive, friendly and efficient.
- New College celebrates diversity and aims to ensure that everyone can fulfil their potential.