About the course
Distance learning courses enable you to boost your career with a nationally recognised qualification even if you don’t have the time to attend training sessions. You will work your way through the qualification submitting work every 2 weeks, achieving within approximately three months.
Few things are more important in healthcare settings than stringent infection prevention and control measures. Poor hygiene and cleanliness procedures can have serious ramifications for patients, staff and organisations alike. As such, it’s crucial that all staff within a healthcare environment understand their role in relation to infection prevention and control.
This learning programme looks at the meaning and importance of infection control, as well as the causes of infections and the conditions in which they thrive and spread. It also outlines the methods used to prevent and control the spread of infection.
The course is made up of four mandatory units:
- Principles of the causes and spread of infection in health care settings
- Principles of the importance of personal hygiene and health in the prevention and control of infection in health care settings
- Principles of decontamination, cleaning and waste management in health care settings
- Principles of infection prevention and control in a health care setting
The workbook study option is most suitable for those local to Swindon, are returning to learning and would prefer to receive one-to-one support from a tutor.
This course can also be studied purely online and is ideal for those who are happy to work independently using our fully supported online learning platform. If you would prefer this option, please click HERE
- The course is fully funded by the Government and to qualify, you must be aged 19 at the start of the academic year, have been resident in England for the last three years and be a UK citizen.
- Learners must have a Level 2 English qualification.
- Learners who are aged 19-23 must already have a full Level 2 qualification (5 GCSEs 4 and above OR A*-C, 2 AS Levels, 1 A-Level, Diploma Level 2, NVQ Level 2).
- Distance Learning isn’t for everyone. If at your enrolment we feel that this mode of study may not be quite right for you, we will help you to find the one that is.
You could complete one of our other Health and Social Care courses (e.g. Mental Health Problems, End of Life Care, Common Health Conditions etc.)
If you are local to Swindon and working in Health and Social Care setting for a minimum of 15 hours a week, you could progress to a Level 2 or 3 NVQ depending on your job role.
Employment within a caring/health and social care setting.
What additional resources will I need?
You will need access to a PC or a Mac and Broadband WiFi. You will not be able to complete this course using a mobile phone.
However, if you do not complete your course, you will be charged £135 to cover administration and learning material costs.
For further career guidance, the National Careers Service provides information, advice and guidance to help you make decisions on learning, training and work opportunities. This service offers confidential and impartial advice and is supported by qualified careers advisers. https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/Pages/Home.aspx
Please contact the Fast Forward Team on 01793 209691 or email@example.com