About the course
Our courses enable you to boost your career with a nationally recognised qualification even if you don’t have the time to attend training sessions. You will work your way through the qualification submitting work every 2 weeks, achieving within approximately three months.
This qualification will help you to develop effective team working practices alongside principles and techniques that support workplace organisations.
You will learn how continuous improvement techniques such as Kaizen can be applied for a boost in productivity, effectiveness, safety and waste reduction, and how businesses use it to gain that all-important competitive edge.
The course is split into four manageable units:
- Impacts, consequences and costs of falls
- Causes of falls
- Preventing falls
- Best practice and legislation relating to falls
The workbook study option is most suitable for those local to Swindon, are returning to learning and would prefer to receive one-to-one support from a tutor.
This course can also be studied purely online and is ideal for those who are happy to work independently using our fully supported online learning platform. If you would prefer this option, please click HERE
- The course is fully funded by the Government and to qualify, you must be aged 19 at the start of the academic year, have been resident in England for the last three years and be a UK citizen.
- Learners must have a Level 2 English qualification.
- Learners who are aged 19-23 must already have a full Level 2 qualification (5 GCSEs 4 and above OR A*-C, 2 AS Levels, 1 A-Level, Diploma Level 2, NVQ Level 2).
- Distance Learning isn’t for everyone. If at your enrolment we feel that this mode of study may not be quite right for you, we will help you to find the one that is.
You could complete one of our other Health & Social Care programmes (e.g. Care Planning, Safe Handling of Medication, Prevention and Control of Infection).
If you are local to Swindon and working in a Health and Social Care setting for a minimum of 15 hours a week, you could progress to a Level 2 or 3 NVQ in Health & Social Care depending on your job role.
This could lead to a job role linked to Care setting environment.
What additional resources will I need?
No additional resources are required.
- However, if you do not complete your course, you will be charged £135 to cover administration and learning material costs.
- For further career guidance, the National Careers Service provides information, advice and guidance to help you make decisions on learning, training and work opportunities. This service offers confidential and impartial advice and is supported by qualified careers advisers. https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/Pages/Home.aspx
Please contact the Fast Forward Team on 01793 209691 or firstname.lastname@example.org