About the course
Distance learning courses enable you to boost your career with a nationally recognised qualification even if you don’t have the time to attend training sessions. You will work your way through the qualification submitting work every 2 weeks, achieving within approximately six months.
There are 850,000 people living with dementia in the UK today, with this number expected to rise to over one million by 2025. As an increasing issue, it is more important than ever that health and social care workers are equipped with the skills to understand and support people with dementia.
This qualification is aimed at learners who want to develop their knowledge of dementia and dementia care. It’s ideal for learners already employed in the health and social care sector who wish to upskill.
You will develop an in-depth understanding of dementia and its effects. The course explores the various types of dementia and the importance of early diagnosis, as well as focusing on person-centred approaches to dementia care and the role of communication, interaction and inclusion in dementia care and support. This course also covers the use of medication in supporting individuals with dementia.
This course is split into seven manageable units:
- Principles of understanding dementia
- Understanding the use of person-centred approaches to underpin the care and support of individuals with dementia
- Principles of communication and interaction in dementia care and support
- Principles of supporting positive interaction, occupation and activity in dementia care
- Principles of understanding equality, diversity and inclusion in dementia care and support
- Understand how individuals with dementia can be supported to exercise rights and choices
- Principles of the administration of medication to individuals with dementia
This course can be studied purely online and is ideal for those who are happy to work independently using our fully supported online learning platform.
- You must have a minimum of Level 2 Literacy
- Distance Learning isn’t for everyone. If at your enrolment we feel that this mode of study may not be quite right for you, we will help you to find the one that is.
- You could complete one of our other Health and Social Care programmes (e.g. Prevention and Control of Infection or Common Health Conditions)
- Employment within a Health and Social Care environment.
What additional resources will I need?
- No additional resources are required.
- The fees for this course can be covered by the Advanced Learner Loan where the Government covers the course fees. The fees are then only repaid on completion and when your salary reaches £27,295. If you don’t earn £27,295, the fees are written off after 30 years. More information can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan
- For further career guidance, the National Careers Service provides information, advice and guidance to help you make decisions on learning, training and work opportunities. This service offers confidential and impartial advice and is supported by qualified careers advisers. https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/Pages/Home.aspx
Please contact the Fast Forward Team on 01793 209691 or email@example.com