About the course
Distance learning courses enable you to boost your career with a nationally recognised qualification even if you don’t have the time to attend training sessions. You will work your way through the qualification submitting work every 2 weeks, achieving within approximately three months.
This course will nurture and improve your practical skills, enabling you to successfully lead a team. You will be introduced to key principles of team leading, management techniques and business practices. You will not only gain an understanding of performance and conflict management, but will also strengthen your communication skills and increase your knowledge of the key legislation that is related to leadership roles.
The course is split into eight manageable units:
- Principles of team leading
- Understand business
- Understand how to communicate work-related information
- Principles of managing performance and conflict in the workplace
- Principles of equality and diversity in the workplace
- Principles of developing working relationships with colleagues
- Health and safety procedures in the workplace
- Understand how to develop and deliver a presentation
This course can be studied purely online and is ideal for those who are happy to work independently using our fully supported on-line learning platform. For those local to Swindon, are returning to learning and would prefer to receive one-to-one support from a tutor, we offer a workbook option.
- This course is fully funded by the Government and to qualify, you must have been resident in England for the last three years and be an EU citizen. You must also be 19 years old at the start of the academic year.
- If you are 19 – 23 years old you must hold at least a full level 2 qualification (5 GCSEs, Level 2 NVQ Diploma, BTEC Level 2…)
- You must have a minimum of Level 1 Literacy
- Distance Learning isn’t for everyone. If at your enrolment we feel that this mode of study may not be quite right for you, we will help you to find the one that is.
- You could complete one of our other Business programmes (e.g. Principles of Team Leading, Principles of Customer Service)
- If you are local to Swindon and working in a business setting for a minimum of 15 hours a week, you could progress to a Level 2 or 3 NVQ depending on your job role.
- Leadership and Management at Level 3 – NVQ, Apprenticeship or professional qualification.
- Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Leadership and Management (distance learning).
What additional resources will I need?
- No additional resources are required.
- However, if you do not complete your course, you will be charged £125 to cover administration and learning material costs.
- For further career guidance, the National Careers Service provides information, advice and guidance to help you make decisions on learning, training and work opportunities. This service offers confidential and impartial advice and is supported by qualified careers advisers. https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/Pages/Home.aspx
For online learning contact a member of the Queens Drive team on 01793 732892 email@example.com
If you would like to learn by workbooks, contact a member of North Star Team on 01793 498404 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org