About the courseDistance learning courses enable you to boost your career with a nationally recognised qualification even if you don’t have the time to attend training sessions. You will work your way through the qualification submitting work every 2 weeks, achieving within approximately three months.
This qualification provides you with the knowledge that is required to work in a range of environments in a business administration role. You will know how to carry out administrative tasks such as managing information and supporting events and will be able to apply your knowledge in a variety of industries and job roles.
The course is split into seven manageable units:
- Principles of providing administrative services
- Principles of business document production and information management
- Understand communication in a business environment
- Understand employer organisations
- Principles of developing working relationships with colleagues
- Principles of business administrative tasks
- Understand how to prepare text
- This course is fully funded by the Government and to qualify, you must have been resident in England for the last three years and be an EU citizen. You must also be 19 years old at the start of the academic year.
- If you are 19 – 23 years old you must hold at least a full level 2 qualification (5 GCSEs, Level 2 NVQ Diploma, BTEC Level 2…)
- You must have a minimum of Level 1 Literacy
- Distance Learning isn’t for everyone. If at your enrolment we feel that this mode of study may not be quite right for you, we will help you to find the one that is.
You could complete one of our other Business programmes (e.g. Principles of Team Leading, Principles of Customer Service)
If you are local to Swindon and working in a business setting for a minimum of 15 hours a week, you could progress to a Level 2 or 3 NVQ depending on your job role.
Employment within a business administration/customer service/office environment.
What additional resources will I need?
No additional resources are required.
- However, if you do not complete your course, you will be charged £125 to cover administration and learning material costs.
- For further career guidance, the National Careers Service provides information, advice and guidance to help you make decisions on learning, training and work opportunities. This service offers confidential and impartial advice and is supported by qualified careers advisers. https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/Pages/Home.aspx
ContactFor online learning contact a member of the Queens Drive team on 01793 732892 firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to learn by workbooks, contact a member of North Star Team on 01793 498404 or email: email@example.com