About the course
The Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Management (QCF) is for you if you work in, or who want to work in management roles such as Section Manager, First Line Manager, Assistant Manager, Trainee Manager, Senior Supervisor and Junior Non-Commissioned Officer.
It gives you the opportunity to:
- develop and demonstrate technical and wider sector-related knowledge to underpin competence in the job roles stated above. This includes principles of equality, diversity and inclusion, the principles of leadership and management and the principles of people management.
- develop and demonstrate a range of technical skills and behaviours that support competence in the job roles stated above. This includes managing personal and professional development, supporting equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace and managing team and individual’s performance.
- have existing skills recognised
- achieve a nationally-recognised Level 3 qualification
A variety of assessment methods will be used. These will usually contain a mixture of:
- Work products
- Professional discussions
- Oral and/or written question & answers
- Reflective accounts
- Witness testimonies
- Recognised Prior Learning
The level 3 Certificate consists of a minimum of 55 credits, which are made up of mandatory units and optional units based around your work role.
In order to identify which units are most appropriate we will match your skills against the standards. This provides us with the opportunity to tailor the qualification to suit your individual situation and needs
Mandatory Units include:
- Manage Team Performance
- Principles of People Management
- Principles of Business
- Principles of Leadership and Management
- Manage Personal and Professional Development
There are over 30 optional units to choose from including:
- Manage Individuals’ Development
- Manage Conflict within a Team
- Discipline and Grievance Management
- Support Remote or Virtual Teams
- Manage Physical Resources
This means this qualification can be made entirely bespoke to your needs.
In order to be eligible for the qualification, you will need the following:
- to be currently working in a management job role
- have agreement from your employer to allow an assessor to visit you in the workplace
- have a minimum of 3 months prior experience in a management capacity
- be working a minimum of 15 hours a week
You can progress to the Level 5 in Management and Leadership, studying by Distance Learning through the Chartered Management Institute.
Roles with management or team leading requirements.
What additional resources will I need?
- The price of this qualification varies depending on your age and experience. Guide price: £2,100 dependent on location
- The advanced learner is available to cover the fees for this qualification. Please ask for details.
- For further career guidance, the National Careers Service provides information, advice and guidance to help you make decisions on learning, training and work opportunities. This service offers confidential and impartial advice and is supported by qualified careers advisers. https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/Pages/Home.aspx
For further information about this course please contact a member of the Fast Forward Team on 01793 732892 or email: email@example.com