About the course
Distance learning courses enable you to boost your career with a nationally recognised qualification even if you don’t have the time to attend training sessions. You will work your way through the qualification submitting work every 2 weeks, achieving within approximately three months.
This qualification aims to equip you with a detailed understanding of the concepts of health and well-being, including basic anatomy and physiology. You will learn about the role of nutrition in exercise, including energy requirements and fluid replacement, and then learn about how to measure personal fitness levels and create a personal programme of exercise and nutrition. Upon completion of this course, you could progress on to one of our other online nutrition courses, such as Nutrition, Health and Food Awareness.
The course is split into three manageable units:
Understand health, well-being and exercise
- In this unit, you will cover the concepts of health and well-being, factors that could have a negative impact on health and well-being, factors that can affect personal motivation, and the basics of anatomy and physiology.
Understand the role of nutrition in exercise
- You will learn about diet and nutrition, energy requirements and fluid replacement for exercise.
Plan and prepare for personal exercise and nutrition
In the third and final unit of this course, you will learn about the importance of exercising safely, how to measure personal fitness levels, how to follow an appropriate personal programme of exercise and nutrition, and how to evaluate a personal programme of exercise and nutrition.
This course can be studied purely online and is ideal for those who are happy to work independently using our fully supported online learning platform.
- This course is fully funded by the Government and to qualify, you must have been resident in England for the last three years and be an EU citizen. You must also be 19 years old at the start of the academic year.
- If you are 19 – 23 years old you must hold at least a full level 2 qualification (5 GCSEs, Level 2 NVQ Diploma, BTEC Level 2…)
- You must have a minimum of Level 1 Literacy
- Distance Learning isn’t for everyone. If at your enrolment we feel that this mode of study may not be quite right for you, we will help you to find the one that is.
- You could complete one of our other Health programmes (e.g. Nutrition and Health)
This qualification is designed for those who wish to improve their own health and wellbeing, or are interested in a career as a Personal Trainer.
What additional resources will I need?
- No additional resources are required.
- However, if you do not complete your course, you will be charged £125 to cover administration and learning material costs.
- For further career guidance, the National Careers Service provides information, advice and guidance to help you make decisions on learning, training and work opportunities. This service offers confidential and impartial advice and is supported by qualified careers advisers. https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/Pages/Home.aspx
For online learning contact a member of the Queens Drive team on 01793 732892 email@example.com