About the course
This is a Microsoft vendor qualification awarded through Certiport.
Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification gives you the skills and confidence to succeed in the workplace. With three certification levels (Specialist, Expert, Master) the MOS credentials allow you to validate your skills and work towards your career goals via self-study using approved learning materials.
There are five applications available at Core level and two at Expert level. You can study at your own pace but you should allow approximately 40 hours to complete each course, including diagnostic, learning, practice and assessment. The assessment is through online testing with a series of project activities.
- Word 2016 Core
- Excel 2016 Core
- PowerPoint 2016 Core
- Access 2016 Core
- Outlook 2016 Core
- Word 2016 Expert
- Excel 2016 Expert
- Complete a Core course to become a Microsoft Office Specialist in the application
- Complete an Expert course to become a Microsoft Office Specialist Expert in the application
- Complete both of the Expert courses, PowerPoint Core, plus either Access or Outlook Core to become a Microsoft Office Specialist Master
- Basic computer skills are needed
- Access to an internet connection for GMetrix diagnostic testing and online resources
- Means of self-studying via distance learning
- You may also be required to complete a skills assessment to ensure that the course is at the right level for you
- The software is not compatible with a Mac computer
Learners can complete individual units at Core and Expert level, or combine to achieve Master Certification.
Work experience and employability
What additional resources will I need?
You will receive the following resources to assist with study:
- Free copy of Microsoft Office for the duration of your study*
- LearnKey video training resources
- Exam fee including proctoring, plus 1 free resit if required
*As part of your Office 365 subscription you can download and use the latest version of Microsoft Office for the duration of your study. After this time, you will need to apply your own license in order to use all of the features.
£185 per unit
For queries about the course, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01793 732892