About the course
- The Ascentis Level 1 Award in Managing Personal Finance introduces the basic principles of personal finance, including balancing income & expenditure and understanding financial products.
- Online learning materials for the course are made available through the college Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), so can be studied in-centre and remotely (distance learning).
The course covers a number of different topics around managing personal finance, including:Sources of income & expenditure
- Balancing income & expenditure
- Financial products
- Advantages & disadvantages of borrowing
- Basic computer skills are needed.
- You may also be required to complete a skills assessment to ensure that the course is at the right level for you.
- A number of other short qualifications are available via online learning including Health & Safety, Internet Safety, Food Safety in Catering, Employment, Business & Enterprise.
Work experience and employability
What additional resources will I need?
- This course may be free if you are in receipt of qualifying benefits or meet the low earner criteria. Please contact to confirm.
- Fee £90.
For queries about the course, please contact the course leader: firstname.lastname@example.org
For general enquiries, please contact: email@example.com