About the course
Our courses enable you to boost your career with a nationally recognised qualification even if you don’t have the time to attend training sessions. You will work your way through the qualification submitting work every 2 weeks, achieving within approximately three months.
Many job roles involve interaction with customers, clients or colleagues to inform, advise or guide them, and there are many techniques it is important to be aware of in order to carry this out effectively. This course aims to equip you with the practical skills needed to successfully convey information, advice or guidance in a wide range of situations and sectors.
The course covers a variety of key topics crucial to providing an excellent and efficient service, including questioning, listening and communicating techniques, the importance of confidentiality and how to overcome barriers.
This course can be studied purely on-line and is ideal for those who are happy to work independently using our fully supported online learning platform. For those local to Swindon, are returning to learning and would prefer to receive one-to-one support from a tutor, we offer a workbook option.
- This course is fully funded by the Government and to qualify, you must have been resident in England for the last three years and be an EU citizen. You must also be 19 years old at the start of the academic year.
- If you are 19 – 23 years old you must hold at least a full level 2 qualification (5 GCSEs, Level 2 NVQ Diploma, BTEC Level 2…)
- You must have a minimum of Level 1 Literacy
- Distance Learning isn’t for everyone. If at your enrolment we feel that this mode of study may not be quite right for you, we will help you to find the one that is.
- You could complete one of our other Health & Social Care programmes (e.g. Counselling Skills, Understanding Mental Health,)
- If you are local to Swindon and working in a Health and Social Care setting for a minimum of 15 hours a week, you could progress to a Level 2 or 3 NVQ in Health & Social Care depending on your job role.
This could lead to a job role linked to office, Care and Education based environment.
What additional resources will I need?
No additional resources are required.
- However, if you do not complete your course, you will be charged £125 to cover administration and learning material costs.
- For further career guidance, the National Careers Service provides information, advice and guidance to help you make decisions on learning, training and work opportunities. This service offers confidential and impartial advice and is supported by qualified careers advisers. https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/Pages/Home.aspx
Contact a member of the Swindon North Star Team on 01793 498404 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org