About the course
- The Ascentis Level 1 Award in Health and Safety is designed as a basic introduction to the principles of health and safety, the types of hazards to be aware of and ways of protecting yourself.
- Online learning materials for the course are made available through the college Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), so can be studied in-centre and remotely (distance learning).
The course covers a number of different topics around health & safety, including:The importance of following health and safety procedures
- Rights and responsibilities relating to health and safety
- Awareness of potential hazards
- Safe practices and protective equipment
- Approximately 10 hours to complete the course, including learning, revision and assessment.
- At least two hours’ study per week is expected. Dates and times for study are flexible and can be agreed at your induction session.
Assessment is through online testing, with a series of multiple choice questions
- Basic computer skills are needed.
- You may also be required to complete a skills assessment to ensure that the course is at the right level for you.
- A number of other short qualifications are available via online learning including Internet Safety, Food Safety in Catering, Personal Finance and Employment, Business & Enterprise.
Work experience and employability
What additional resources will I need?
- If you have internet access* you can work through the learning materials at home and then take the assessment on-site.
- This course may be free if you are in receipt of qualifying benefits or meet the low earner criteria. Please contact to confirm.
- Fee £85.
For queries about the course, please contact the course leader: email@example.com
For general enquiries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org