About the course
- The Ascentis Level 2 Award for Food Safety in Catering is designed as a basic introduction to the principles of keeping food safe, with specific reference to the catering industry.
- Online learning materials for the course are made available through the college Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), so can be studied in-centre and remotely (distance learning).
The course covers a number of different topics around food safety, including:The responsibilities for food safety
- Personal hygiene in the workplace
- Cleanliness of the environment
- Basic computer skills are needed.
- You may also be required to complete a skills assessment to ensure that the course is at the right level for you.
- A number of other short qualifications are available via online learning including Health & Safety, Internet Safety, Personal Finance and Employment, Business & Enterprise.
Work experience and employability
What additional resources will I need?
- This course may be free if you are in receipt of qualifying benefits or meet the low earner criteria. Please contact us to confirm.
- Fee £85.
For queries about the course, please contact the course leader: email@example.com
For general enquiries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org