About the course
Covering practical skills needed іn thе modern workplace. Gain confidence and knowledge to deal with first aid emergencies. Highly suitable for nominated workplace first aiders, or if you need a comprehensive introduction to first aid. The Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work is a two-unit, three-day course that will enable successful candidates to act as a first aider in their workplace in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and the Health and Safety (First Aid) regulations 1981.
- Unit 1: Emergency First Aid in the Workplace
- Unit 2: Recognition and Management of Illness and Injury in the Workplace
Unit 1 covers the following topics:
- roles and responsibilities of a first aider
- incident and casualty assessment
- unconscious casualties
- cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- external bleeding & shock
- minor injuries
Unit 2 covers the following topics:
- secondary survey
- respiratory system & hypoxia
- asthma & hyperventilation
- circulatory system
- wounds and bleeding extras
- eye injuries
- shock – different types
- angina & heart attack
- burns & scalds
- fractures & dislocations/sprains & strains
- head and spinal injuries
- diabetes & epilepsy
- You must have a minimum of Level 1 English
- We have a range of Health and Safety Compliance courses available.
- Can be used within the workplace to act as a First-Aider.
What additional resources will I need?
- It is essential to bring along with you a form of photographic ID, i.e. Driving licence or passport.
- The assessment comprises of 2 multi-choice papers plus practical assessments on:
- management of fracture
- management of a casualty: who is unresponsive and breathing normally (recovery position)
- who is in shock
- with external bleeding
- who is unresponsive and not breathing normally (cardiopulmonary resuscitation)
- For further career guidance, the National Careers Service provides information, advice and guidance to help you make decisions on learning, training and work opportunities. This service offers confidential and impartial advice and is supported by qualified careers advisers. https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/Pages/Home.aspx
For further information about this course please contact a member of the Fast Forward Team on 01793 732892 or email: email@example.com