About the course
With advances in technology, businesses, governments and society as a whole are becoming increasingly dependent on the internet to support key infrastructure and provide services online. This has seen a rapid rise in and awareness of cyber crime, leading organisations to invest heavily in specialised individuals to help combat this new threat.
Studying this course will enhance your knowledge of cyber crime and information security management. You will learn to identify security breaches and implement solutions using the latest industry tools and techniques; studying the cyber environments of banks, high-security digital environments, ecommerce, social media platforms and cloud systems. Through hands-on experience in analysing secure networks and websites, you’ll develop skills around penetration testing, malware identification and ethical hacking.
Content in year one includes:
- Computers and Security
- Programming Fundamentals
- Systems Design and Development
- Independent Work Based Project
Content in year two includes:
- Managing the Security of Information
- Operating System
- Cryptography and Security
- Network Design and Configuration
- Ethical Hacking
- Supervised Professional Work Experience
This is a 2 year course (full-time). The majority of your learning will be practical, using industry-standard tools, techniques and practices. Alongside lectures, you’ll undertake group work and individual projects.
GCSE English and Maths, 9 - 4 (A* - C). Alternative equivalency testing may be undertaken plus one of the following:
- UCAS Tariff 112 points
- A Levels - At least 3, grades B B C
- Vocational - BTEC Level 3, grades DMM
- Access Diploma
On graduating, you will be well-equipped for a career protect cyber environments across a range business sectors.
Alternatively you can continue your studies by going on to complete a full Honours Degree such as the BSc (Hons) Cyber and Computer Security at the University of Gloucestershire.
- Tuition fees for 2021 entry: £6,165 per annum
- Find Student Finance Information on the Government website.
- Students enrolling on this course can apply for the Higher Education Scholarship.
For queries about the course, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any concerns or queries, please do not hesitate to contact us by emailing email@example.com