About the course
Whether your company is big or small, high or low risk, this course is designed to provide you with first aid cover to enable you to cope with emergency situations. Please be aware that some elements of the course will be practical and therefore we advise you to wear comfortable clothing and suitable footwear to carry out specific assessments.
- Roles and Responsibilities of a First Aider
- Assessing an incident
- Unconscious casualties (recovery position)
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Airway Management & Choking
- External Bleeding
- Recognition and treatment of Shock
- Minor injuries
- You must have a minimum of Level 1 English
- We have a range of Health and Safety Compliance courses available.
- Can be used within the workplace to provide first aid cover dealing with emergency situations
What additional resources will I need?
- It is essential to bring along with you a form of photographic ID, i.e. Driving licence or passport.
- The assessment comprises of:
- who is unresponsive and breathing normally (recovery position)
- who is unresponsive and not breathing normally (cardiopulmonary resuscitation)
- with external bleeding
- who is in shock
- a multi-choice test paper AND
- candidates must demonstrate competence in first-aid procedures by practical assessments on the management of a casualty:
- For further career guidance, the National Careers Service provides information, advice and guidance to help you make decisions on learning, training and work opportunities. This service offers confidential and impartial advice and is supported by qualified careers advisers. https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/Pages/Home.aspx
For further information about this course please contact a member of the Fast Forward Team on 01793 732892 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org