About the course
This is an ‘in service’ qualification designed for those working or wishing to work as teachers/trainers in England in the post 14 arena. You will be required to build a portfolio of evidence as part of this qualification and be observed in the workplace on a minimum of 3 occasions. The course is run on a part time basis over one academic year, with taught sessions on a weekly basis. The taught sessions will include workshops, short presentations (which may be videoed), research and practical activities. The qualification is made up of 5 mandatory units and a minimum of 1 optional unit. There are awarding organisation set assignments and a portfolio of evidence to build up over the duration of your course. Your portfolio will come from real work such as lesson plans, schemes of work, resources, observations, feedback and assessments. Please note this is not a full teaching qualification, but will allow you to support the teaching.
If you have achieved the Award in Education & Training you will be exempt from the first unit.
The units include:
- Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Planning to meet the needs of learners in education and training
- Delivering education and training
- Assessing learners in education and training Using resources for education and training
Candidates must achieve a minimum of 36 credits, including the above units plus a minimum of 15 credits from the optional units. Each of the units above require a written assignment of approximately 2000 words/ unit.
- Level 2 qualification in Maths and English (GCSE A-C/4 or equivalent) being ICT literate is an advantage
- A level 3 or equivalent subject specialism (this might be work related specialism).
- Enrolment is subject to interview and initial assessment.
- This qualification is suitable for those delivering education and training in any learning environment and you must be 19 years of age or over.
- You must have access to a minimum of 30 hours teaching practice.
- The students you teach must be 14+ years of age.
- Progression from this qualification could be the level 5 Diploma in Education
- Assessors Award optional units are available as part of the qualification, if appropriate to your role.
Next course start date: Thursday 23rd Sept 2021 – 18.00 – 21.00
Work experience and employability
You must be able to access a minimum of 30 hours teaching/training practice; this can be paid or voluntary. You will need to have responsibility for the planning, delivery, assessment and evaluation of sessions (it is not sufficient to support the delivery). You will need to be observed delivering at least 3 hours’ worth of teaching during the course.
What additional resources will I need?
A folder if you wish to produce a paper based portfolio and you will need access to a computer.
There are a couple of recommended books, but all can be accessed through the college library.
Course costs £1,400, this includes registration, certification and tuition.
For queries about the course, please contact the course leader: Jacqueline.email@example.com
For general enquiries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org