About the course
- This BCS course covers skills in the individual units at Level 1 & 2.
- A range of individual units are offered at Level 1 & 2 which include Word Processing, Spreadsheet Software, Presentation Software and Improving Productivity.
- Course study is based around awarding body approved materials (workbooks) and supported by online diagnostics and sample tests.
- Approximately 20-40 hours to complete the course depending on level, including learning, revision and assessment.
- At least two hours’ study per week is expected. Dates and times for study are flexible and can be agreed at your induction session.
- Assessment is through online testing, with a series of activities and multiple choice questions.
- Basic computer skills are needed.
- You may need to complete a skills assessment to check that the course is at the right level for you.
- After completing the individual unit there is a progression path to the Award/Certificate at Level 1 & 2 or Certificate at Level 3.
Work experience and employability
What additional resources will I need?
- Courses may be free if you are in receipt of qualifying benefits at Level 1 & 2 or meet the low earner criteria. Contact us to confirm.
- Individual Unit – Level 1 - £135 Level 2 - £185
For queries about the course, please contact the course leader: Stephanie.Dowson@newcollege.ac.uk
For general enquiries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org