About the Course
This qualification covers a wide range of advanced techniques related to the skills and knowledge required to work in the Beauty Therapy Industry.
The core units studied, include:
- Quality management of client care in the hair and beauty sector
- Make and test beauty therapy products
- Cultural, social and technological influences on beauty‐related industries
- Dermatology and microbiology
- Apply micro dermabrasion techniques
- Advanced epilation techniques
- Laser and light treatments for hair removal
- Laser and light treatments for skin rejuvenation
- Enhance appearance using micro‐pigmentation treatment
- Chemistry of hair and beauty products
- Physiology of ageing
- Sales management in the hair and beauty sector
- Research in the hair and beauty sector
- Marketing in the hair and beauty sector
Four GCSEs at grade 2 or above, including English and Maths, as well as a successful interview.
A Level 3 qualification in hairdressing or equivalent industry experience.
On successful completion you can gain employment as a Senior Beauty Therapist working within the Beauty Industry.
Work Experience and Employability
This course does not contain a specific work experience component but has other activities to help you develop employability skills.
What additional resources will I need?
This course is free to students aged 16-18.
Students aged 19+ will usually be charged a tuition fee, unless they meet certain eligibility criteria for fee remission. For those paying, an Advanced Learner Loan may be available. For further advice on fees, waivers and loans, please contact the Fees Co-Ordinator at Queens Drive.