About the course
The Level 3 Award in Education and Training is an introduction to teaching, delivered on a part time basis and can help you decide if teaching is the career for you, it does not qualify you to teach and is aimed at 14+ education. The qualification covers the knowledge and skills required by teachers in further education and skills sectors such as:
- Roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training (this unit will RPL to the level 4)
- Inclusive teaching and learning approaches
- Planning lessons and resources
- Motivating learners
- Assessment of learners and record keeping
- Feedback for learning
There are 30 contact hours (face to face teaching) and in addition there will be approximately two or three hours of self-study per week, during which time you will need to complete assignments. The course fee includes face to face tuition, assessment, registration and certification fee. If you are already teaching/training and can evidence 30 hours of teaching over the course duration you may wish to consider the Certificate in Education and Training, which does allow you to teach/train in many circumstances.
Assessment is by building a portfolio of evidence which includes assignments for each of the 3 units, a micro teach session, session plan, evaluations and observation record. Please note that micro-teach sessions will be videoed as part of the end assessment process.
- Specialist occupational competence to a minimum of level 3 or above (A level standard or knowledge.)
- Good communication and writing skills, computer skills a real advantage.
- Must be 19+
- Please note enrolment is subject to an interview, initial assessment and copies of relevant certificates.
Next Start Date: 9th March 2021 (18.00 – 21.00)
Work experience and employability
There is no requirement for a work placement for this qualification, but if you have access to some form of training or education this will be of benefit.
What additional resources will I need?
Access to a computer, note pad, resources for your micro-teach
For queries about the course, please contact the course leader: Nicola.firstname.lastname@example.org
For general enquiries, please contact: email@example.com