About the courseDesigned especially for mature students who have had a break from their studies (of 1 year or more), an Access to Higher Education Diploma will enable you to bridge the gap between your current qualifications and a degree-level course or develop the skills and knowledge for a new career.
Course content includes:
- Biology: Nutrition, Digestion and Diet, Human Health and Disease, Cells and Molecular Biology and Contemporary Issues
- Chemistry: Medicine Analysis, Core Chemistry and Organic & Thermo Chemistry
- Physics: Core Physics, Radiotherapy, Therma Energy & Electricity and Physics – Mechanics & Motion
- Maths: Algebra, Graphcs, Trigonometry and Statistics
- Psychology: Introduction to Psychology and Research Methods, Developmental Psychology, Social Psychology, Cognitive Psychology and Atypical Psychology
- Mandatory ungraded subjects include Study Skills & Basic IT Skills
Entry requirementsYou must be 19 years old, have had at least a one year break from education and have either GCSE Maths or GCSE English Language at grades A*-C (or grade 9-4).
Where next?A career in science, engineering or medical specialism such as Radiotherapy, Radiography, Dietetics, and Physiotherapy. Degrees in Mathematics, Science, Medical Science, NHS degrees related to career choices.
Work experience and employabilityN/A
What additional resources will I need?N/A
- You may wish to access the Advanced Learner Loan where the Government cover the course fees, only repayable when you’re earning over £26,575. Find more information about the Advanced Learner Loan on the Government website. Loan eligibility doesn’t depend on your income and there are no credit checks.
- For further career guidance, the National Careers Service provides information, advice and guidance to help you make decisions on learning, training and work opportunities. This service offers confidential and impartial advice and is supported by qualified careers advisers.
- Get your Access Diploma for free if you go on to complete a higher education course!*
- Student Finance England will ‘write off’ any outstanding Advanced Learner Loan balances you owe for an Access to HE course once you complete a Higher Education course. This means you don’t have to repay it.
- * The Higher Education course must be eligible for student finance.
For queries about the course, please contact info@email@example.com or call 01793 732892