About the courseDesigned especially for mature students who have had a break from their studies (of 1 year or more), an Access to Higher Education Diploma will enable you to bridge the gap between your current qualifications and a degree-level course or develop the skills and knowledge for a new career.
- This course covers 3 academic graded subjects:
- Biology: Nutrition, Digestion and Diet, Human Health and Disease, Cells and Molecular Biology and Contemporary Issues.
- Psychology: Introduction to Psychology and Research Methods, Developmental Psychology; Social Psychology; Cognitive Psychology and Atypical Psychology.
- Sociology: Families and households, roles, relationships and recent changes; Sociology of Health, Crime and Deviance, Education and Poverty and Welfare.
- Mandatory ungraded subjects: Study Skills & Basic IT
Entry requirementsYou must be 19 years old and have a Level 2 in Maths and English as well as access to IT and WIFI.
After successfully completing this Access to Higher Education Diploma, you’ll have a good understanding of the healthcare sector and therefore be eligible to apply to a number of health related undergraduate courses. Many health graduates go on to work in the NHS or even private practice. Career examples include: Nursing, Midwifery, Exercise Science and Rehabilitation, Nutrition, Occupational Therapy, Diploma/Operating Department Practitioner, Physiotherapy, Radiography, Psychology, Speech and Language Therapy.
Work experience and employabilityN/A
What additional resources will I need?N/A
- You may wish to access the Advanced Learner Loan where the Government cover the course fees, only repayable when you’re earning over £26,575. Find more information about the Advanced Learner Loan on the Government website. Loan eligibility doesn’t depend on your income and there are no credit checks.
- For further career guidance, the National Careers Service provides information, advice and guidance to help you make decisions on learning, training and work opportunities. This service offers confidential and impartial advice and is supported by qualified careers advisers.
- Get your Access Diploma for free if you go on to complete a higher education course!*
- Student Finance England will ‘write off’ any outstanding Advanced Learner Loan balances you owe for an Access to HE course once you complete a Higher Education course. This means you don’t have to repay it.
- * The Higher Education course must be eligible for student finance.
For queries about the course, please contact Alison.email@example.com or call 017923 732826