About the course
The Access to HE Diploma (Health Professionals) is one of our most popular courses. This is because the health care sector offers a diverse range of challenging and exciting career paths for students to choose from. This qualification’s universal content allows students the flexibility to decide which speciality they want to pursue after they finish the diploma.
This Access to HE Diploma has been created as an alternative to more traditional qualifications. In the UK, many universities are happy to accept applications from students who hold, or are studying towards, this kind of qualification. Most health related degree programmes will also require a minimum of grade C in GCSE English and maths.
As this is a distance learning course, it is perfect for learners who have been out of education for an extended period and have other time constraints. What’s more is that our students can begin working on their course from the moment of enrolment; whether that is in September or at any other point during the year.
- Unit 1: Preparing to study
- Unit 2: Academic writing skills
- Unit 3: Preparing a written assignment
- Unit 4: Cell biology
- Unit 5: The history of the National Health Service
- Unit 6: Human nutrition & the digestive system
- Unit 7: Social factors in health and social care
- Unit 8: Introduction to psychology
- Unit 9: The roles and responsibilities of healthcare professionals
- Unit 10: The human endocrine & nervous system
- Unit 11: Inequalities in health & illness
- Unit 12: The human muscular & skeletal system
- Unit 13: Approaches to health
- Unit 14: The brain & nervous system (psychology)
- Unit 15: Human disease & prevention
- Unit 16: Poverty & health
- Unit 17: Human immunity
- Unit 18: Human reproduction, growth & development
- Unit 19: Equality and diversity within healthcare
- You must be 19 years old
- You must have a Level 2 in Maths and English
- Have access to IT and WIFI
- Distance Learning isn’t for everyone. If we feel that this mode of study may not be quite right for you, we will help you to find the one that is.
After successfully completing this Access to Higher Education Diploma, you’ll have a good understanding of the healthcare sector and therefore be eligible to apply to a number of health related undergraduate courses. Once you have chosen and completed your degree programme, you will be ready to begin your chosen career. Many health graduates go on to work in the NHS or even private practice. Careers open to health graduates include:
- Exercise Science and Rehabilitation,
- Occupational Therapy,
- Diploma/Operating Department Practitioner,
- Speech and Language Therapy.
- Employment within the healthcare sector, or University progression.
What additional resources will I need?
- No additional resources are required.
- You may wish to access the Advanced Learner Loan where the Government cover the course fees, only repayable when you’re earning over £27,295. Please follow this link: https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan
- For further career guidance, the National Careers Service provides information, advice and guidance to help you make decisions on learning, training and work opportunities. This service offers confidential and impartial advice and is supported by qualified careers advisers. https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/Pages/Home.aspx
- For further information about this course please contact a member of the Fast Forward Team on 01793 732892 or email: email@example.com