About the course
Do you want to build a career in the business world, but don’t have the qualifications to get to university? The Access to HE Diploma (Business and Management) will give you the knowledge you need to study at degree level. Working as a manager in a fast-paced business environment can be challenging. You must have the skills to motivate your team, while meeting your own targets.
This Access to HE Diploma takes an in-depth look at key elements of running a company, including common staff structures and different styles of management. Discover how business operates, and examine market structures, management and economics. The course provides the tools to understand management roles at every level. You’ll also explore topics including HR, marketing and business planning.
The Access to HE Diploma (Business and Management), will prepare you to make a step up academically. Units on researching independently, following study schedules and writing essays will increase your confidence before you start your degree course.
This Access to HE Diploma has been created as an alternative to more traditional qualifications. In the UK, many universities are happy to accept applications from students who hold, or are studying towards, this kind of qualification. Most health related degree programmes will also require a minimum of grade C in GCSE English and maths.
As this is a distance learning course, it is perfect for learners who have been out of education for an extended period and have other time constraints. What’s more is that our students can begin working on their course from the moment of enrolment; whether that is in September or at any other point during the year.
- Preparing for Success
- Preparing to Study
- Academic Writing Skills
- Preparing a Written Assignment
- Business Operations
- Macro-Economics and the Business Environment
- Consumer Legislation
- Team Work and Motivation in Organisations
- Research Topic
- Quality Management
- Business and the Environment
- Business and Employment Law
- Resource Allocation
- Study Skills Portfolio Building
- Operations Management
- Market Structure
- Business Planning
- You must be 19 years old
- You must have a Level 2 in Maths and English
- Have access to IT and WIFI
- Distance Learning isn’t for everyone. If we feel that this mode of study may not be quite right for you, we will help you to find the one that is.
Once you have completed your course, you can apply to study a business and management degree at university. Graduates will come away with transferable skills including the ability to analyse data and communicate effectively.
- Employment within the business sector, or University progression.
What additional resources will I need?
- No additional resources are required.
- You may wish to access the Advanced Learner Loan where the Government cover the course fees, only repayable when you’re earning over £26,575. Please follow this link: https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan
- For further career guidance, the National Careers Service provides information, advice and guidance to help you make decisions on learning, training and work opportunities. This service offers confidential and impartial advice and is supported by qualified careers advisers. https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/Pages/Home.aspx
For further information about this course please contact a member of the Fast Forward Team on 01793 732892 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org