Exams and grades for 2020
A Level, GCSE (13 Aug 2020) BTEC Results Day (20 Aug 2020)
Please do not come into College without booking an appointment via one of the methods below. This is to ensure the safety of all during this COVID-19 pandemic.
Accessing your grades
Results are released on the following dates:
- Thursday August 13th (A level/Level 3)
- Thursday August 20th (GCSE/Level 2)
We will be releasing all results online, owing to COVID-19. Please do not come onto campus to collect your results; they are not available for physical collection. Instead you will be able to access your results as below from 8am on each Results Day:
- Online via ProPortal.
- Your results will be sent directly to your student@newcollege email account.
- Posted out to your home address (please note: we cannot post your results until after 8am on Results Day).
Accessing ProPortal from home
You can access the Student ProPortal from home in three different ways:
- You will need to click on the Staff and Students page at the top of the page and then click on ProPortal.
- Visit the Virtual Learning Environment website (click on ProPortal to login, there is no need to login to the VLE first).
- Enter https://proportal.newcollege.ac.uk/ProPortal/ directly into your browser.
To login you need to use your Student ID, Eg: 123456, and your normal College password
*DO NOT BE ALARMED if your dashboard looks blank or a message appears on screen saying 'No Student Records Found'. You will need to change the academic year in the top left hand corner to the screen (back to 19/20).
After this, you will need to select Student Details from the Learner Information Menu. Your final grade will be displayed to the right of your course in the Enrolment Details table.
You will also be able to view your Statement of Exam Results, which include results for any retakes or past exam results by selecting Reports from the top horizontal menu. Select option 4, Statement of Examination Results and click on the PDF icon to the right to download your results.
If you experience issues accessing Pro Portal on Results Day, please contact the IT Helpdesk on: 01793 732864
National resources from Ofqual
- Student guide to Post-16 qualifications results.
- Student guide to appeals.
- Infographic: process for awarding GCSEs, AS and A Levels.
- Video on awarding of grades.
National Exam Results helpline - delivered by the National Careers Service (available from 12 to 28 August) to provide additional support to students and their parents as they receive their exam results. Support will also be available on topics such as clearing, university, gap years and the autumn 2020 exam series.
Tel: 0800 100 900 open Mon to Sun, 8am to 10pm