Tour of Queens Drive Campus
Please find below the tour route that you will follow on your physical tour, with some key bullets about what you will see; please feel free to print this out or view on your phone as you are taken round.
Learning Resource Centre (Library)
- Has fiction, non-fiction and coursework books
- You can borrow laptops, chargers, scientific calculators etc and buy stationery here
- There is a spiral staircase to the rear, leading to an area for private study.
- Audience capacity of 250; seats can be moved back to create more floor space
- Used for student productions, rehearsals and lessons
- Also used for external productions such as pantomimes and guest speakers.
MAPA corridor (Music And Performing Arts)
- Soundproofed recording studio on your left and Digital Music production classrooms fully equipped with MACs.
- Changing rooms for the theatre on your right
- Two sprung floor dance studios with full room length mirrors
- On the main corridor: Art & Design, Product Design, Textiles, Media MakeUp and Photography rooms. We have a fully functioning dark room and studio.
- Access is via student ID card
- Includes Gym (left hand side) and a Sports Hall on the right. There are Gym subscriptions for students
- We have academies for Basketball, Football and Netball.
- These rooms are on your left; they are for students who may be experiencing mental health difficulties or have particular needs. We have mentors who will work with the students
- Counsellors rooms on right. They offer drop in sessions or are bookable through Student Services. Maths and English Hub (on right) - for students requiring help with GCSE English/Maths
- Nurses Room. There will be a notice on the door to show when they are in
- Enrichment Centre (left). At present it is only for planned events that can be COVID safe, however, in normal circumstances, it’s a social area for students to relax.
Student Services (back of Restaurant)
- Get help with bus timetables, bursaries and references. You can also book appointment with the Counsellors
- ALS (additional Learning support) department. Students will be referred there for any additional learning support they may need. There is also a room for any ASD students.
- Seating capacity of several hundred but is currently laid out for COVID safety.
- Shop, 4 food outlets and a rear patio for use in good weather. Own food can be brought in
- Also used to for student fairs, open events.
First floor Corridor: Student Resource Centre
- Classrooms either side are generally representative of others across the campus
- All rooms are equipped with cleaning materials for the students to use
- Learning Resource Centre first floor (on right). Students use the PCs to do course work and there is an area for quiet study
- Science and STEM rooms are on the second floor and include fully equipped labs.
Q&A session in classroom
- Please feel free to ask any questions you may have about what you have just seen or about the applications/enrolment journey