Work at the College
View our Current Vacancies at New College
Want to work in a dynamic and successful college?
We are a very successful and expanding Further Education College that puts the interests of our learners at the heart of everything we do. Our excellent staff enable us to achieve and maintain our status as one of the best performing colleges/sixth forms in the area. We are truly an employer of choice and this remains one of our top priorities.
We offer everyone who works at the College excellent conditions of employment, including generous holidays and competitive salaries, with final salary pension schemes.
New College promotes a work-life balance and has a number of ‘family-friendly’ policies in place to ensure this is a reality for its staff. We welcome and consider all requests for flexible working or revised working hours and offer discounted membership at our own on-site gym.
New College is a friendly and inspiring place to work
New College is committed to promoting equality of opportunity and access for all; irrespective of age, background, race, gender, religion, ability, disability or sexuality. We welcome applications for employment from the whole community.
We cater for a wide range of needs and interests in the South West region. We offer over 150 different A Level and vocational qualifications, as well as a range of degree-level courses, Adult Community Education programmes and high quality bespoke training solutions through our Business Services division. We currently work with over 3,000 16-19 year old students and around 10,000 adult and business learners.
We pride ourselves on being able to offer challenging and rewarding careers, with significant investment in continuous professional development and staff benefits.
We are committed to investing time and money in your personal and professional development. We have a thorough performance review and staff recognition programme to ensure that you feel supported in your career progression. We offer a wide range of funded professional development opportunities, including teacher training, customer service, learner support, IT, administration, health and safety, equality and diversity, professional qualifications and many more.
The Working Environment
Our impressive Queens Drive campus opened in 2003, after a £12 million re-development. Our building boasts impressive modern facilities, including:
- A Learning Resource Centre with 32 PCs
- 12 IT suites – each with 20 networked computers and the latest software
- Two Language Laboratories and modern Science Laboratories
- Art and Design Studios and a Photography Studio with darkroom
- Recording Studio and live room
- 250-seat Phoenix Theatre – one of the largest and best-equipped theatres in the area
- Sports Centre with Fitness Suite and Sports Hall
- Two Dance Studios with sprung floor and practice mirrors
- A convenient location with parking and many transport links.
Close to Swindon town centre, New College is just five minutes from both Junction 15 of the M4 and the town's railway and bus stations, providing excellent transport links. Swindon is a thriving and prominent town in the South West and is home to household names such as Nationwide, Intel, The National Trust and Honda.
To provide quality education, training and services which:
- Meet our customers' needs
- Encourage individuals to realise their full potential
- Support lifelong learning
- Help young people, the community and business to prosper
- Put customers first and provides services in ways which are flexible, responsive, friendly and efficient.
New College celebrates diversity and aims to ensure that everyone can fulfil their potential.