Information for BTEC Students
Pearson have released some information about how the calculated BTEC results process will work. Keep reading this page for more information
Your lecturers have provided the exam boards with:
- Actual grades for internal BTEC units you completed
- 'Centre Assessment Grades' for internal BTEC units you weren't able to complete, based on available evidence and what your tutors felt you most likely would have achieved under normal circumstance
- A rank order of all learners on your course, based on what your lecturers felt you would most likely have achieved under normal circumstances
Grades are being decided from a wide rage of evidence, including any relevant assignments you have completed, any prior exams, mock results and your performance during the course.
Everything is checked by other lecturers/tutors in the College and signed off by the heads of New College before being submitted.
Please note: the process is slightly different for BTEC childcare related qualifications (levels 1-3) and hospitality services (level 2-3). Click here to find out more
When is BTEC results day?
- 13th August 2020 - Level 3 BTEC Nationals and Level 3 Technicals
- 20th August 2020 - Level 1/2 BTEC Firsts/Tech Awards and Level 2 BTEC Technicals
If you think there is a mistake with your results, you can appeal by asking the college to put forward the appeal on your behalf. It is not possible to appeal on the basis of disagreement with your lecturers professional judgement for the grades
If you are unhappy with your results and/or appeal outcome you will be able to resit in autumn 2020 or January/summer 2021 depending on the BTEC qualification
If you are continuing your course in 2020/21 you will be able to resubmit assignments for units where you have received a calculated result
Applied/Considering applying for university? Click here for resources from UCAS
Need more information? Click here