What can I study?
We offer a wide range of qualifications at all levels to prepare you for university or a career destination. Many have progression options so once you have achieved at a particular level, you can move up to the next one.
- 38+ AS/A Level subjects
- 25+ GCSE subjects – retakes or new courses to help you progress; to get your grade 4 in English and/or Maths, or just for interest!
- Vocational courses including BTECs – at Levels 1, 2 and 3 across a range of subjects including:- Art, Design & Photography; Business and Law; Childcare & Healthcare; Computing & IT; Hair & Beauty; Media & Film Studies; Performing Arts; Public Services; Sport & Leisure; Travel, Tourism & Hospitality.
- Foundation Learning courses – these courses at Entry Level 3 and Levels 1/2 help to improve your qualifications and skills to help further your prospects.
- Apprenticeships and Traineeships – if you want to earn whilst you learn!
- Additional qualifications - courses, activities and initiatives designed to support your chosen career and develop your personal, social and employability skills.
- For an A Level programme, you need to obtain a minimum of five 4/C grades in at least three different subjects, one of which must be English Language. Certain A Levels may require at least a 6/B grade or have individual entry requirements – check individual course infosheets for these.
- Level 3 vocational courses usually require five 4/C grades in at least three different subjects. Alternatively, a Level 2 vocational qualification in the relevant area is accepted alongside English Language GCSE at grade 4/C and for some courses. Maths GCSE at grade 4/C. Some courses may have other specific requirements which are listed on Infosheets.
- GCSEs; if you obtained mainly 3/D grades at GCSE, you can undertake a package of GCSEs.
- Level 2 vocational courses usually require four 3/D grades at GCSE. If you do not have 4/C in Maths and English GCSEs, you will have to study these alongside your vocational course.
- Level 1 vocational courses are offered in several subjects. For students with grades 1 to 3/E to G or at GCSE or without any qualifications, our Level 1 courses and Step Up Programme are an ideal entry route into College.