If you’re predicted to achieve at least six grade 7 (or grade As) at GCSE you can join our High Flyers' Programme for academic and vocational studies. The programme includes:
- Up to four linear A Levels
- Extended Project Qualifications
- Additional expert assistance with your UCAS application
- Dedicated one-to-one tutor coaching, including Oxbridge
- The chance to apply for one of our High Flyers scholarships
- Visits to selected University Open Days and a taster day at Hertford College, Oxford
- An excellent track record of placing students at Top 20 UK Universities, including Oxford, Cambridge, Southampton, Bristol, Bath, Warwick, Imperial, Nottingham and Loughborough
- A programme of High Flyer initiatives e.g. presentations from graduate employers and former students, competing in national challenges
- Opportunity to become involved in Gifted and Talented initiatives run by the Villiers park Educational Trust
- Help with applying to access schemes at Bristol, Bath and Reading Universities
Aiming for an ELITE UNIVERSITY?
If you’re aiming for a top university such as Oxford, Cambridge, Warwick or Imperial, there has never been a better time to apply.
Approximately 80 students gained places at Russell Group, Guardian and Complete University Guide top 20 Universities in Autumn 2019.
We have a dedicated Oxbridge Co-ordinator to help you get where you want to be and support for applications to top universities:
- Support meetings including a specialist Medicine package
- Visits to Universities and their open days
- Advice direct from the Admissions Office on successful applications and interviews
- Summer research activities
- Guidance on the application process and interview tests
- Subject support for Maths or related subjects with weekly meetings to prepare for entrance exams
High Flyers Scholarships
We know that our High Flyer students will be taking extra courses and may have additional costs to meet such as the purchase of books and equipment. We would like to help with this and so will be offering a limited number of scholarships worth up to £150 for each full-time students starting in Autumn 2020.
How to join the programme
You will be invited to join the Scheme at your interview (based on predicted GCSE grades) and contacted by our High Flyers Co-Ordinator once you arrive at New College.
If you have attended an interview and would like to be sent the High Flyers application form, please email: email@example.com