With GCSEs just starting, we'd like to wish all Year 11s the best of luck with your exams.
- don't have your plans for September sorted out
- are re-considering your study choice or have decided that you don't want to stay on at 6th form
- think you may not get the grades to get in to 6th form....
then use any revision downtime to get your application in to New College - and we will invite you in to interview after your exams. Remember, you can hold multiple offers from schools and college and make your final decision in August. If you're already in Year 12/13 equivalent at school or another College and not enjoying your course or environment, then we'd also love to help.
Alternatively, if you want some information, advice and guidance and want some help with your application form, then why not come to one of our drop-in sessions in May and early June?
APPLY NOW to secure your place!
Why choose New College?
If you want a bright future and
the chance to reach your full potential, then New College is the only place to
be. With a combination of course choice, employability and career focus, teaching excellence, support, plus a consistently "Good" OFSTED rating over the last 20 years, we will get you to university or your dream job. Click here to find out why you should be choosing New College over your sixth form.
Choose from 140+ academic
and vocational courses at all levels, including A Levels, BTECs and vocational courses, GCSEs, Apprenticeships and more! Highly-qualified staff will stretch and challenge you
whilst our Student Services team provide advice on a range of issues, including transport, counselling, careers and university advice as well as additional learning support for those with learning needs.
Our students get good exam results and progress to great destinations:
- Our A Level students make better progress than those at any other state school or College in the Swindon, Royal Wootton Bassett and Marlborough areas. With many more students than other providers, this is an even more significant achievement! (Jan 2019 school performance tables, progress between end of Key Stage 4 and end of A Level study)
- A 97% A Level pass rate in 2018, with 41% grades at A*-B
- 63 students achieved at least three A Levels at grades A*-B
- 59% Distinctions for BTEC Extended Diploma.
- 500+ students went to university in Autumn 2018
- Students progressed to Russell Group/Top 20 universities including: Oxford; Bristol; Warwick, and Southampton to study subjects including Medicine/Dentistry/Law/Vet
- Top 5 subjects were: Business, Psychology, Nursing, Law, Criminology
- Many went on to jobs and Apprenticeships.
We have a strong focus on employability to help you compete in a competitive job market. You can engage with employers such as Nationwide and Zurich through our excellent links and employability initiatives.
You’ll love the facilities and atmosphere here - it’s friendly, buzzing and inclusive with lots of
opportunities. Our students are fantastic - positive, lively, motivated,
hard-working and great at contributing time and effort both within the
classroom and beyond.