GCSE's are now over!
Make sure you're set for September as the summer will fly by. If you...
- don’t have your plans for September sorted
- are reconsidering your study choice or have decided that you don’t want to stay on at 6th form
- are worried about your grades
get ahead before the summer takes control and get your application into New College. Remember you can hold multiple offers from Schools and College. You have until August to make your final decision.
If you’re already in Year 12/13 equivalent at school or another College and not enjoying your course or environment then, we can also help with that.
APPLY NOW to
secure your place!
Why choose New College?
If you want a bright future and
the chance to reach your full potential, then New College is the only place to
be. With a combination of course choice, employability and career focus, teaching excellence, support, plus a consistently "Good" OFSTED rating over the last 20 years, we will get you to university or your dream job. Whether you decide to do a full time course or earn whilst you learn with an Apprenticeship - click here to find out why you should be choosing New College over your sixth form.
Choose from 140+ academic and vocational courses at all levels, including A Levels, BTECs and vocational courses, GCSEs and more! You can even gain experience and qualifications all whilst earning a salary with one of our Apprenticeships. We offer up to level 5 over a range of positions - suitable for all ages.
Highly-qualified staff will stretch and challenge you
whilst our Student Services team provide advice on a range of issues, including transport, counselling, careers and university advice as well as additional learning support for those with learning needs.
Our students get good exam results and progress to great destinations:
- Our A Level students make better progress than those at any other state school or College in the Swindon, Royal Wootton Bassett and Marlborough areas. With many more students than other providers, this is an even more significant achievement! (Jan 2019 school performance tables, progress between end of Key Stage 4 and end of A Level study)
- A 97% A Level pass rate in 2018, with 41% grades at A*-B
- 63 students achieved at least three A Levels at grades A*-B
- 59% Distinctions for BTEC Extended Diploma.
- 500+ students went to university in Autumn 2018
- Students progressed to Russell Group/Top 20 universities including: Oxford; Bristol; Warwick, and Southampton to study subjects including Medicine/Dentistry/Law/Vet
- Top 5 subjects were: Business, Psychology, Nursing, Law, Criminology
- Many went on to jobs and Apprenticeships.
We have a strong focus on employability to help you compete in a competitive job market. You can engage with employers such as Nationwide and Zurich through our excellent links and employability initiatives.
You’ll love the facilities and atmosphere here - it’s friendly, buzzing and inclusive with lots of
opportunities. Our students are fantastic - positive, lively, motivated,
hard-working and great at contributing time and effort both within the
classroom and beyond.