Why choose New College?
If you want a bright future and the chance to reach your full potential, then New College is a great place to be! With a combination of wide course choice, teaching excellence, support and fun, we provide a bridge between school and university or your first job:
- 150+ academic and vocational courses at all levels
- highly-qualified staff who will stretch and challenge you
- outstanding student support
- an inclusive and vibrant atmosphere
- 96% A Level pass rate in 2017 and 39% Distinctions for BTEC Extended Diploma
- 500+ students went to university in Autumn 2017 and many went on to jobs and Apprenticeships
- a strong focus on employability to help you compete in a competitive job market
- modern facilities
... and most importantly, fantastic students - positive, lively, motivated, hard-working and great at contributing time and effort both within the classroom and beyond.
Coming to New College from a school with a sixth form
Whilst staying on may suit some, others prefer the wider choice and independence of College. You should consider all options and visit all providers.
Question to consider when looking at a provider:
- Does it offer a wide range of courses?
- Can I stay on one site?
- Do staff have proven experience in teaching at A Level/Level 3?
- Will I be treated more independently than at school?
- Are there support services?
- Can I get on courses if I don't get high enough GCSE grades?
- Can I do additional courses to make my university application or CV stand out?
- Are there specialist facilities for me to learn in?
- Does it have initiatives for high flyers?
- Can I develop my employability skills?
- Will I receive impartial information, advice and guidance about my study options?
- Are there progression opportunities?
We can answer yes to all of these questions! Few schools can match the scope of our provision and student support.