Food Safety In Catering Level 2 Award Online Learning
This is a level 2 short vocational course awarded by Ascentis.
- The Ascentis Level 2 Award for Food Safety in Catering is designed as a basic introduction to the principles of keeping food safe, with specific reference to the catering industry.
- Online learning materials for the course are made available through the college Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), so can be studied in-centre and remotely (distance learning).
A number of other short qualifications are available via online learning including Health & Safety, Internet Safety, Citizenship, Personal Finance and Employment, Business & Enterprise.
- Basic computer skills are needed.
- You may also be required to complete a skills assessment to ensure that the course is at the right level for you.
The course covers a number of different topics around food safety, including:
- The responsibilities for food safety
- Personal hygiene in the workplace
- Cleanliness of the environment
Timings and Assessments
- Approximately 10 hours to complete the course, including learning, revision and assessment.
- At least two hours’ study per week is expected. Dates and times for study are flexible and can be agreed at your induction session.
- Assessment is through online testing, with a series of multiple choice questions.
- The ALC/Adult Learning Centre is open from Monday to Thursday each week.
- You can work in our friendly and relaxed environment, with qualified tutors on hand to give you help and guidance.
- If you have internet access* you can work through the learning materials at home and then take the assessment on-site.
Costs and Resources.
- This course may be free if you are in receipt of qualifying benefits. Please contact us to confirm.
- Fee £85.
For further information about this course please contact ALC/Adult Learning Centre on 01793 511665 or email ALC@newcollege.ac.uk
The ALC/Adult Education Centre is based Ground Floor, Focal Point, 27-35 Fleet Street, Swindon SN1 1RQ and is open throughout the year
Monday – 9 am to 5 pm Tuesday – 9 am to 5 pm Wednesday – 9 am to 5 pm Thursday – 9 am to 5 pm
*If you are planning to work on the learning materials outside of college (eLearning / VLE) please discuss computer requirements and minimum specifications with your tutor at induction.