New College is committed to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Excellence.
Our College enables all its members to fulfil their potential and to have their contributions equally valued and respected. We seek to recruit staff and students who represent the diversity of our local community, promoting equality of opportunity and encouraging good relations between people of different groups.
What will you find at New College?
Staff and students working well together and achieving success in a multicultural, accessible environment. Find out more about our approach to equality and diversity.
How successful are we?
In 2014 Ofsted rated New College as Good. Success rates are high for all groups and student and staff satisfaction surveys are positive. Our students reflect the ethnic diversity of the local population. We are responsive to the requirements of students with disabilities and learning differences. OFSTED commended equality and diversity at New College as follows:
- Learners enjoy, and take pride in, studying at the college and feel safe. The college environment is inclusive and friendly and learners’ respect for each other is evident.
- Learners treat each other and their teachers with respect.
- The Principal and managers promote strongly a friendly, inclusive and enjoyable learning environment. Learners and staff work harmoniously and respectfully together.
- Since the previous inspection, managers’ actions for improvement alongside close monitoring of learners’ performance have ensured that most groups of learners’ outcomes have improved.
- Staff promote learners’ understanding of diversity well. The support provided for learners, particularly the increasing proportion that are vulnerable, is well resourced and managed very effectively.
For more information contact our Equality and Diversity Coordinator through email@example.com