Accessing Your Timetable
1. There are three different ways to access Proportal
- Visit vle.newcollege.ac.uk and select Proportal
- Visit www.newcollege.ac.uk, scroll to the bottom of the homepage and select Proportal
- Enter https://proportal.newcollege.a...directly into your internet browser
Important – do not use the search facility in your browser to find Proportal – it will take you to the wrong portal (parent portal)
- In College: Proportal should open automatically
- Outside of College: - you will be asked to login to Proportal – Your username is your New College email address starting with your Student ID i.e. email@example.com and your current New College password.
The default password if you have not changed it is your date of birth (8 digits eg: 01012005) (If you have forgotten your password, please contact our IT Department Direct Line: 01793 732864 to get it reset).
2. Depending on the screen size of device you are using, you will either see a Horizontal Menu Bar at the top of the page or a Menu button
3. Select Reports from the Menu
4. Select 1. My Timetable in Reports List
5. Click on the Adobe PDF icon (either located to the right on laptops or bottom on mobiles) to open your timetable which can be saved or printed
The Proportal login box doesn't appear - try one of the other routes in step 1. Make sure the page hasn't opened behind your current page. You may need to delete your browsing history if you are not a new student.
Message tells me my username/password is incorrect - Check the address bar doesn't contain the word parent. Start again at step 1. Make sure you only access Proportal via the New College website or VLE. Please contact IT to reset your password 01793 732864
Once I login the screen refreshes and the login is blank - Your password may have expired. Contact IT to reset your password (01793 732864) or your account needs initial setup - you will need to log into a College computer (password wizard will appear) before you can access Proportal
I can log in but get a red message informing me I cannot add any pages - Your account has not yet been fully setup. Try again later/the next day
Nothing happens when I try to open my timetable - Make sure you are clicking the PDF button in step 6. ther are two different ones. Check that it hasn't downloaded in the background (minimise your current screen)